Monday, September 13, 2010

Admission Ambassadors: Meet Our Current Students!


When I made my first visit to campus, I took a tour, just like I had done at every other campus visit.  Sure, the breathtakingly beautiful campus, warm cookies from the dining hall, and unbelievably nice weather were nice, but it was the Scripps students that I met as a prospective student that truly made a significant impact on my perception of Scripps. Not only did my tour guide practically have Scripps-love spilling out of her pores, but she took a genuine interest in my interests and activities, and even took me to the Motley Coffeehouse after our tour to meet some her friends who had similar interests. Little did I know then that my tour guide’s enthusiasm for Scripps, impressive academic achievements, and authentic personality were part of every Scripps student.

Over 200 Scripps students volunteer for the Admission Office in a variety of ways: tour guides, overnight hostesses, special event volunteers, and college fair representatives. Our volunteer group is affectionately known as the Admission Ambassador Team. There are four coordinators who work to schedule all of your tour guides, overnights, and the big Admission events – you can find our profiles on the Staff portion of the Admission website!

Volunteering as part of the Admission Ambassador Team is definitely a highlight for many Scripps students because they enjoy sharing their Scripps experiences, answering your questions, and helping others in the complex (and sometimes grueling) admissions process. Sarah Mikhitarian ‘11, a tour guide for the past 3 years, says “I genuinely love giving tours and sharing my enthusiasm for and knowledge about Scripps. It is especially rewarding when I see some of my prospective students the following year.” Natalie Sipos ’11 adds, “"I'm very proud to have the opportunity to represent Scripps.  I'm passionate about my school and I enjoy sharing that with prospective students."

If you come to campus, you will surely meet one of our Admission volunteers – whether they are leading you on a tour of our gorgeous campus, showing you the “Behind-The-Scenes” of Scripps life on your overnight, answering your questions at a local college fair, or simply helping you find your destination at an on-campus event! We absolutely love to get to know prospective students and answer any questions they might have about applying to Scripps or college in general!

On behalf of the Scripps students Admission volunteers, I hope that you can come visit our campus so that we can meet you and give you a glimpse into our lives at Scripps! For more information on visiting campus, click on the “Visit Campus” button on the Scripps Admission homepage!

Hope to see you soon!
Hannah ‘11, Admission Intern


No comments:

Post a Comment